As an Investment Analyst with Proteus, you will pay a key role on the Investment Team in conducting initial and ongoing investment and operational due diligence of alternative investment strategies and the managers who run them. The Analyst’s responsibilities include understanding, describing, quantifying, and evaluating each manager’s investment philosophy, as well as the investment strategy’s process, people, performance, portfolio characteristics and structure. include but are not limited to:
- Support in the execution and documentation of Proteus’ three stage due diligence process including:
- Gathering investment manager and fund information via phone interviews, reference checks, background checks, and web searches.
- Reviewing, interpreting and codifying the formation, operating and subscription documents of alternative investments.
- Documenting the key elements of an investment manager’s strategy and the risks associated with it.
- Analyzing an investment strategy’s performance including comparisons to peer groups and benchmarks.
- Reviewing each investment manager’s valuation policies, compliance manuals, internal controls and the firm’s cybersecurity and disaster recovery programs.
- Assisting in the preparation of research memos to be presented to the Proteus Investment Committee.
- Conducting periodic investment analysis and prepare related reports.
- Acting as primary liaison between Proteus’ Investment and Client Experience Teams.
- Assisting with the development of prospect and client presentations.
- Participating in weekly Investment Committee meetings.
- Maintaining and reviewing manager information stored in Proteus’ systems.
- Monitoring managers and strategies on a continuous basis through ongoing direct contact.
The ideal candidate for this position is highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and possesses a strong work ethic, exceptional communication and analytical skills, and the desire and patience to learn the benefits, drawbacks and complexities of investing in alternative investments. The desired experience and skills of a successful candidate include:
- 5 + years of investment industry experience, preferably with alternative assets.
- 2+ years of experience in investment management due diligence.
- Strong mathematical, computer, research and organizational skills.
- Strong desire to learn and understand complex investment strategies.
- Ability to effectively interview portfolio managers and other key investment executives.
- Ability to interpret and summarize complicated financial information, including audited financial statements of investment management firms and funds.
- BA or BS in Finance or related discipline.
- CFA and CAIA accreditations or candidates.
Proteus, LLC is a financial technology company providing investment advisors and their clients a sophisticated platform to access alternative investments. Proteus’s cloud-based platform is an end-to-end solution to find and manage investments, utilizing data visualization to easily review portfolio performance. Our fast-growing, dynamic technology will give you the opportunity to immediately make an impact on client facing functionality.