As a Fund Accountant you will play a key role in accurately and timely processing and reporting of transactions. You will have the opportunity to identify and implement process and system enhancements. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Timely and accurately accounting of investment activity and review of system generated transactions.
- Initiate and approve wire transfers to fund investments and redemptions.
- Identify and assist in the resolution of exceptions to accounting records.
- Prepare monthly fund financial statements, including account reconciliations.
- Generate and review monthly investor statements and report to third party record keepers.
- Periodic testing of the Proteus Platform, including inputting and monitoring tickets for bug fixes and system enhancements.
- Annually, coordinate the day-to-day support of the external audit of multiple entities and third-party preparation of investor K-1’s.
- Develop strong relationships with third party investment funds and their administrators, as well as internal client experience, investment and technology teams.
The ideal candidate for this position is highly self-motivated to learn and continuously improve. They must be customer focused and have a rigorous attention to detail and enjoy working in a collaborative, dynamic environment. Specific qualifications include:
- BA or BS in Accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Desire to learn and optimize use of propriety software system
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work on multiple assignments and deliver under compressed timelines
Status: Full time, Exempt
Contact: [email protected]
Proteus is a financial technology company providing investment advisors and their ultra-high net worth clients a sophisticated platform to access alternative investments. Proteus’ cloud-based platform is a unique end-to-end solution to source, execute and manage investments, as well as easily review portfolio performance.
At Proteus we work hard, with a sense of urgency, focused on producing results. We are self-motivated individuals who take pride in the quality of our contributions but also admit our mistakes and embrace others’ ideas so that we can learn and grow individually and as an organization. We enjoy the friendships and accomplishments that come from collaborating with an innovate group of professionals.
Proteus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.